Posted by: webmaster
UK Outdoor Ice Skating Rinks
With the Christmas Season upon us, one of the cool places to be seen is at one of the outdoor ice rinks in London. If you can't get to one of the outdoor skating rinks in London, there are plenty of outdoor ice rinks around the country.
If you want somewhere to go out have have fun with your friends (or boyfriend or girlfriend), then what you need to do is get yourself to one of the temporary outdoor ice rinks that are becoming ever more popular at this time of year.
You will find them popping up everywhere, from shopping centres such as the Winter Garden Outdoor Ice Rink at Bluewater in Kent, to landmarks such as the ice skating rink in London at the Natural History Museum.
At all of the outdoor ice rinks, they will provide the ice skates. You may need to book tickets for the outdoor ice skating rink in advance, as they are very popular. Plan a trip with your mates and make a day of it at the weekend.
Ice Rinks in London
Outdoor Ice skating rinks in the UK
Outdoor Ice Rinks Around the World
- Berlin - Winterwelt am Potsdamer Platz (www.winterwelt-berlin.de;
- Budapest - City Park Ice Rink (www.mujepalya.hu)
- Helsinki - Ice Park, Rautatientori Square next to the Central Railway Station.
- New York - The Rockefeller Center, between 47th & 50th Streets and 5th & 7th Avenues (www.therinkatrockcenter.com).
- New York - Wollman rink in Central Park, close to the entrance at 59th Street and 6th Avenue (www.wollmanskatingrink.com).
- Oslo - Frogner Stadium, Frogner (www.visitoslo.com).
- Paris - Rève de Neige, Stade de France, Saint-Denis (www.stadefrance.fr);
- Vienna - Vienna Eistraum (Ice Dream), Rathausplatz, boasts 6,000 square metres of pure ice. Located between Hotel Intercontinental and Konzerthaus [More information on places to ice skate outdoors in Vienna].
If you know of any more outdoor ice rinks, let us know and we can add them to the list.
Email this to a friend | Printable version