Water Parks are one of the best places to go when the sun is shining and you want some really cool fun with your friends. What can you expect when you go to a water park?
Water parks feature waterplay areas, such as water slides, splash pads, spraygrounds (water playgrounds), lazy rivers, or other recreational bathing, swimming, and barefooting environments. Some of the flumes and water slides are designed for the adrenalin junkie, and often lead to the term water theme park.
The climate in the UK doesn’t really provide water park thrill seekers with many places to go. However, there are plenty of water parks around the world that will give you the ride of your life.
This summer, Siam Park opens in Tenerife. The Siam Park water park is said to be Europe’s biggest water park. Tenerife has a constant temperature of about 23C all year round. The Dragon ride has rafts for four people, and has a near vertical drop. You speed up and shoot down the tube, giving you enough speed to go up the side of a funnel shaped cone at the other end.
The Giant has rafts for two people, where you shoot down a tube and then spin around a bowl before disappearing down another tube. The Jungle Snake is a collection of different twisting flumes. There are rivers and rapids, and plenty of other attractions at the water park. The ultimate water park ride is the Tower of Power, with a 28 meter near vertical drop into an enclosed tube in a tank filled with alligators. Seriously cool, if you dare…
The Best Water Parks in the US
- Schlitterbahn – New Braunfels, Texas
- Wet ‘n Wild – Orlando, Florida
- Noah’s Ark – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Splashin’ Safari – Santa Claus, Indiana
- Water World – Denver, Colorado
- Blizzard Beach – Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Water Country USA – Williamsburg, Virginia
- Kalahari Water Park – Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Typhoon Lagoon – Lake Buena Vista, Florida
- Wild Rivers – Irvine, California
- Raging Waters – San Jose, California
- Splash Town Water Park – San Antonio
Find a water park in the US
If you want to find a water park in the US, visit World Water Park Association