A new trip will offer skiers the chance to find the best snow conditions in the Alps after flying into Milan on a four day adventure that includes a day of heliskiing.
Location: to be confirmed
James Orr Heliski has launched the Powder Hunter trip – ski where the very best snow conditions can be found in the Alps at the time.
Flying into Milan, where around 80% of the whole arc of the Alps can be reached within 2 to 3 hours, skiers will then be transported to what will be one of several pre-planned destinations, all of which have excellent off-piste skiing and heliskiing options available.
But, it will be the destination with the very best snow conditions at the time.
The trip is four days long, including three days off-piste skiing with a fully qualified mountain guide and one day of heliskiing that offers two flights, both with a guide.
James Orr, founder of James Orr Heliski, said: “We’ve secured several options in key destinations that have great off-piste and heliskiing available for The Powder Hunter trip. Wherever the best snow is that week, our guests will be heading in that direction. The Alps span a huge area and there’s often big variations in snow conditions, depending on the weather patterns at the time. There can often be deep powder snow in Italy and hard icy slopes in Austria during the same week and of course vice versa the next, so being able to choose right up to the day before departure is a huge asset when you’re in search of fresh powder snow”.
Heli Ski Dates
23-27 January 2020, price £2,275 per person (based in twin occupancy) including return private airport transfers from Milan Linate/Malpensa to resort, 4 nights bed and breakfast accommodation, lift passes, 3 days off-piste skiing with a Mountain Guide, 1 days heliskiing (2 flights) with a Mountain Guide, group leader for trip duration.
Itinerary – Thursday to Monday
- Day 1, January 23 – Arrive Milan late afternoon. Private transfer to the area the guides have selected to ski, with the best snow conditions at the time.
- Day 2 – After breakfast, pick up any rental equipment required and ski passes. Introduction day with the guides skiing lift-accessed off-piste.
- Day 3 – Ski off-piste or heliskiing.
- Day 4 – Ski off-piste or heliskiing. The guide will choose the best day to heliski depending on the weather.
- Day 5 – Final day off-piste followed by a late lunch before heading to Milan for an evening flight home.
Booking: www.heliski.co.uk, 0333 006 5816