In the month of October every year, theme parks around the world have extended opening hours to host Halloween Fright Nights, where you can go on the rides in the dark. Here are the details for the best Fright Nights for 2015.
If you fancy scaring the pants off yourself and your mates, book your advance ticket for a fright night at a theme park. It is such a fantastic thrill going on the rollercoasters during the day, and even more of an adrenalin rush in the dark at night.
October brings you theme park fright nights and scarefests. Most require advance bookings, even if you are a season ticket holder. Towards the end of the month and into November, you will also get fireworks displays as well.
UK Theme Park Halloween Fright Nights
- Alton Towers Scarefest – 19th October to 3rd November. Book online now for 40% discount tickets – For real terror this Halloween, look no further than the Alton Towers Resort Scarefest! Be confronted by live terror as a chilling combination of indoor and outdoor scare attractions ensure those willing to be frightened this Halloween don’t leave feeling scared – they’ll leave terrified! Book online now and get 40% off.
- Thorpe Park Fright Night – 11th October – 3rd November. 40% discount off tickets. Fright Nights is back and even more terrifying than ever, transforming THORPE PARK into a world of twisted insanity!Only the brave will escape THORPE PARK Penitentiary as
Fright Nights transform the nation’s Thrill Capital into a dark and twisted prison facility, where society’s most disturbed and dangerous prisoners have broken out and taken control.Take on THE SWARM for the first time in the dark, as you take a death-defying flight for your life on the UK’s first winged rollercoaster and brave all five terrifying live action horror mazes.
Dare to Face Your Fears on the ultimate test as SAW – The Ride comes alive! And for the ultimate horror experience brave the terrifying live action horror mazes The Curse, Se7en, The Asylum, and Hellgate.
If that’s not enough for you, experience exhilarating rides in the dark and take on the ‘Unholy Trinity’ of Stealth, Colossus and Nemesis Inferno in the pitch black of night until 10pm.
Due to the extreme popularity of this event, Fright Nights is STRICTLY ADVANCE BOOK ONLY.
LIMITED TIME ONLY: Grab your tickets now for just £24* – that’s over 40% saving!!
- Chessington Halloween Hocus Pocus – 25th October – 3rd November, 10am – 8pmThe whole family can enjoy spooky entertainment this Halloween as wicked witches and naughty Goblins take over the Park! Plus a mythical Fiery Faun will be weaving enchanting tales of his homeland using magic and fire to delight the younger members of your family. With rides in the dark and the chance to get up close and personal with the Zoo’s spiders, snakes and glow-in-the-dark scorpions there’s so much fun to be had it’s scary!
U.S. Theme Park Halloween Fright Nights
- Disneyland (Anaheim): Halloween Time with Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Halloween Screams fireworks show. 14th October – 31st October
- Magic Kingdom (Orlando, Fla.): Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party with Boo-to-You parade and Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. September through to November
- Universal Studios Hollywood: Halloween Horror Nights with scare zones, live shows and haunted mazes, including the “Saw” maze. Oct. 2 to Oct 31.
- Universal Studios Florida (Orlando): Halloween Horror Nights with scare zones, live shows and haunted mazes, including the “Wolfman” maze. Oct. 1 to Oct 31.
- Six Flags: Fright Fest with mazes, scare zones, nighttime rides and shows at the chain’s amusement parks across the United States including Six Flags Magic Mountain (Valencia) and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Vallejo, Calif.). Weekends through Nov. 1.
- SeaWorld San Diego and SeaWorld Orlando: Halloween Spooktacular with animal shows and trick-or-treating for children. Weekends through Nov. 1.
- Legoland (Carlsbad, Calif.): Brick-or-Treat with live shows and trick-or-treating for children. Saturdays in October.
- Knott’s Berry Farm (Buena Park): Halloween Haunt with 13 haunted mazes, four scare zones and seven shows. Wednesdays through Sundays through Oct. 31.
- Cedar Point (Sandusky, Ohio): HalloWeekends with haunted houses, five scare zones and eight shows. Weekends through Nov. 1.
- Kings Dominion (Doswell, Va.): Halloween Haunt with nine haunted mazes, five scare zones and four shows. Weekends through Oct. 31.
- Kings Island (Cincinnati, Ohio): Halloween Haunt with 13 haunted attractions. Thursdays through Sundays through Oct. 31.
- Carowinds (Charlotte, N.C.): Scarowinds with haunted rides, mazes and scare zones. Weekends through Oct. 31.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (Florida): Howl-O-Scream with seven haunted houses, four scare zones and two shows. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights through Oct. 31.
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg (Virginia): Howl-O-Scream with six haunted mazes, seven scare zones and six shows. Weekends through Nov. 1.
- SeaWorld San Antonio: Howl-O-Scream with haunted attractions, shows and scare zones. Weekends through Oct. 31 (and Oct. 12).
- Hersheypark (Hershey, Pa.): Hersheypark in the Dark with rethemed rides and live shows. Weekends through Oct. 31.
- Dollywood (Pigeon Forge, Tenn.): National Gospel and Harvest Celebration with gospel music and harvest foods and crafts. Oct. 2 to Oct 31.
- Kennywood (West Mifflin, Pa.): Phantom Fright Nights with six haunted attractions and four scare zones. Friday and Saturday nights in October.
- Darien Lake (Darien Center, N.Y.): FrightFest with a haunted house and tram tour. Weekends through Oct. 18.
- Queen Mary Dark Harbor, Long Beach, California Queen Mary Dark Harbor celebrates Halloween all month long at the Queen Mary in Long Beach as the annual scare-fest takes on a horrifying new dimension. Join us for 15 fright-filled nights of mazes and madness, food and cocktails, and live bands.